Scientific Reasoning Test
(1 hour) Aimed at assessing students’ capacity to engage with the logical thinking typically required of students in Higher Education. The SRT accordingly assesses students’ ability to:
• identify appropriate evidence to support a claim or an argument;
• critique assumptions and thinking which underlie argument;
• evaluate the validity of evidence used to support claims;
• understand the nature of tentative or conclusive reasoning;
• see logical and pattern relationships between phenomena;
• understand the concept of “chance”.